Brexit: Deal or No Deal?!
In this week's BS Fixings news article, we reported on a specialised training course completed by employees of our parent company BS Stainless. Here we look at some of the potential solutions to a no-deal Brexit outcome that were studied by our employees during their training, which was delivered by the Lancashire Chamber of Commerce.
Potential solutions in the event of a No-Deal Brexit
- Developing more intelligent logistics by grouping loads together, helping to make transport and related documentation more cost-efficient
- Delivering new, more effective training to employees in various aspects of trade, such as the documentation involved with importing/exporting and alterations to current tariff codes
- Increasing levels of stock, which will help to avoid initial problems relating to transportation of goods that may arise as the primary response to a no-deal Brexit
- The potential use of warehousing based in the EU
- A move towards gaining AEO (Authorised Economic Operator) status within the UK; this should lead to faster port-clearance times and reduced costs
Another aspect of the course focused on the difficult issue of whether a 'hard border' should be put in place in Ireland. The situation was compared to that of Switzerland which, though outside of the customs union, without a hard border and with trade deals in place with China, sells over five times as much per person to the EU than the UK does.
If you're concerned as to how Brexit will affect your business with us, we urge you to get in touch with a member of our expert team.
Latest from BS Fixings
A slowdown in Chinese stainless-steel output is being offset by stronger-than-expected output activity in the rest of the world, particularly in Indonesia. Indonesian steel production soared throughout the year (2021...Continue reading
History of the Wellington Boot
Originally, the Wellington boot was a kind of boot made from leather which was adapted from Hessian boots, a style of military riding boot. They were worn and made popular...Continue reading
Bullfix - The Smarter, Simpler, Stronger Fixing
For as long as we can remember, attaching heavy items to plasterboard has been a tricky task. There are a number of solutions that work – to a degree –...Continue reading
"Which Wall Ties do I need?" - Our guide to help you find the right tie
Struggling to find which wall ties to use? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered, with our handy “Which Wall Tie?” guide. Masonry to Timber This type of wall tie...Continue reading