How to Use Aluminium Banding
This week's BS Fixings news article focused on Bandfix aluminium banding, which is currently available with a 10% price discount. In this edition of our blog, we present a step by step guide on how to use the banding with our innovative Bandfix banding tool.
- First, wrap the aluminium banding around the object that you are fixing insulation to.
- Take a wing seal and insert the band through it. Ensure that the teeth of the seal are facing towards you and that the ears are pointing upward.
- This step is optional but will ensure the best results. Continue the band around the object for a second time, feeding it once again through the seal.
- Take the end of the banding and bend it until it is located beneath the seal.
- Push the axle handle of the banding tool, allowing the band to be placed in the slots of the tool.
- Firmly push the tool's nose against the seal.
- Hold the bridge of the seal firmly in place with your finger and apply pressure by turning the handle of the tool.
- Keep turning the handle until the required tension is reached, then swing the toold over the seal. As you do this, reverse the tool's handle slightly: this movement will increase tension on the band so be careful not to apply too much pressure or the banding may break.
- Pull the handle of the banding tool to cut the band.
- Using your thumb to keep the band held down, remove the banding tool.
- Take a hammer and use it to bang down the ears of the seal, completing the job.
All of the details about our Bandfix aluminium banding can be found on the product pages and you can also download a pdf document that shows these steps illustrated for your convenience. Don't forget that our 10% discount is only available for a limited time so please order soon to avoid disappointment. As always, you can contact our expert technical team directly for advice and support.
Latest from BS Fixings
We are delighted to announce that we’ve recently added a brand-new product to our ever-expanding banding range, which already seems to be a popular item amongst many! Our latest addition...Continue reading
As you may have already noticed, the temperature is on the rise and the air is starting to feel a touch warmer than usual, which only means one thing…a heatwave...Continue reading
BS Fixings’ Top 3 Banding Tools!
Following our recent news post about our new banding products, we thought it would only make sense to comprise a list of our top banding tools, for all your banding...Continue reading
No Need for Drilling - Silicone Adhesive is The Way Forward
When it comes to household repairs or larger construction projects, we all know that finding the right screws and nails to bond your materials together is a difficult process, especially...Continue reading
Are Birds Being a Nuisance: Keep them Away with Bird Repellent Gel
We are now in the peak of Spring, and Summer is only around the corner which only means one thing, all the birds are out. As much as birds tweeting...Continue reading