Installing Insulation Pins: A Step-by-Step Guide
Insulation hangers, used to firmly secure insulation material in sheeting and cladding systems, are the newest product to be added to the already-extensive BS Fixings collection. As they are such a crucial part of the insulation system, it's essential that they are installed correctly so here is a brief step-by-step guide on how to do just that.
- Preparation. In order to achieve perfect adhesion, it is crucial to make sure that the surface is completely free of dirt and dust. Allow to fully dry before moving on to the next step.
- For perforated base insulation hangers, you will need to apply an appropriate adhesive and this should be done with a putty knife, working on only one hanger at a time. Our reccomended adhesive for perforated insulation hangers can be found here.For self-adhesive base insulation pins, it is only necessary to carefully remove the backing paper.
- Immediately after removing the backing paper (self-adhesive base) or applying silicone (perforated base), press the insulation pin into place with a slight twisting motion to ensure perfect adhesion. With perforated base hangers, the adhesive should protrude through the perforations and beyond the edges of the base itself.
- The adhesive should now be allowed to thoroughly dry, a process that can take up 72 hours depending on conditions.
- Insulation materials can now be installed, ensuring that it is held in place by the pins.
- Using the self-locking washer provided, secure the insulation in place.
- Any protruding nails should be snipped off or bent down.
That's it! You can see from the above steps just how easy this product is to use and, if you need any other information or advice, you are invited to get in touch with us to take advantage of the skills, knowledge and expertise of our technical team, who will be able to clearly and competently answer any questions you may have.
For more information about our new insulation hangers, check out the product page and this week's news article.
Latest from BS Fixings
We are delighted to announce that we’ve recently added a brand-new product to our ever-expanding banding range, which already seems to be a popular item amongst many! Our latest addition...Continue reading
As you may have already noticed, the temperature is on the rise and the air is starting to feel a touch warmer than usual, which only means one thing…a heatwave...Continue reading
BS Fixings’ Top 3 Banding Tools!
Following our recent news post about our new banding products, we thought it would only make sense to comprise a list of our top banding tools, for all your banding...Continue reading
No Need for Drilling - Silicone Adhesive is The Way Forward
When it comes to household repairs or larger construction projects, we all know that finding the right screws and nails to bond your materials together is a difficult process, especially...Continue reading
Are Birds Being a Nuisance: Keep them Away with Bird Repellent Gel
We are now in the peak of Spring, and Summer is only around the corner which only means one thing, all the birds are out. As much as birds tweeting...Continue reading