Stainless Steel Banding: Our Unique Tensioner Tool
Stainless steel banding, along with the related ancillaries required to achieve successful, lasting results, has been around for many years. As it is so versatile, the basic process remains unchanged but is constantly being improved with better materials and tools. One of these tools is the Bandfix Bantam, which is exclusive to us here at BS Fixings.
Using the Bandfix Bantam tool makes the application of stainless steel banding easier, faster and more cost-effective. Coated with quality zinc, the tool displays excellent resistance to corrosion and will give many years of maintenance-free service. Here is our simple step-by-step guide on how to use this innovative tool...
- Take a wing seal and place it onto the banding. Wing seals are available from BS Fixings as part of our exclusive Bandfix collection.
- Working carefully, fold the banding until it is directly beneath the clip. Press it firmly into place.
- Put the band into place around the object it is being used upon.
- Thread the banding through the clip.
- Operate the banding tool; this is achieved by simply squeezing the handle until the banding is completely tight around the object.
- Operate the lever on the Bantam tool to remove any excess banding.
- Hammer down the wings of the clip, firmly securing the banding into place.
That's it! The banding will now remain in place until removed, offering lasting, professional results. Any grade of stainless steel banding can be secured using this method.
To make the process even clearer, we have created an instructional video for our customers. This video can be found on the product page or on our very own YouTube channel.
Latest from BS Fixings
A slowdown in Chinese stainless-steel output is being offset by stronger-than-expected output activity in the rest of the world, particularly in Indonesia. Indonesian steel production soared throughout the year (2021...Continue reading
History of the Wellington Boot
Originally, the Wellington boot was a kind of boot made from leather which was adapted from Hessian boots, a style of military riding boot. They were worn and made popular...Continue reading
Bullfix - The Smarter, Simpler, Stronger Fixing
For as long as we can remember, attaching heavy items to plasterboard has been a tricky task. There are a number of solutions that work – to a degree –...Continue reading
"Which Wall Ties do I need?" - Our guide to help you find the right tie
Struggling to find which wall ties to use? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered, with our handy “Which Wall Tie?” guide. Masonry to Timber This type of wall tie...Continue reading