Bond-It Bath Mate Silicone: A Step-by-Step Guide
This week's BS Fixings news article introduced a new range of adhesives and sealants from renowned manufacturer Bond-It. In this edition of our blog, we present a step-by-step guide on how to use one of Bond-It's bestselling products: Bath Mate Silicone.
Bond-It Bath Mate Silicone is designed for use in bathrooms, kitchens and anywhere else where a watertight seal is required. With an integral anti-fungal ingredient to deter the growth of mould, Bath Mate Silicone can be easily painted, varnished or stained once dry. Application is fast and easy, as can be seen in our step-by-step guide below.
- Ensure all surfaces to be treated are thoroughly cleaned and dried, as any dust, oil, grease, dirt or other contaminants will hinder proper adhesion. Heavily soiled surfaces should be cleaned with a solvent such as acetone. Bath Mate Silicone does not usually require a primer though it may be necessary to prime concrete surfaces: test a sample area first if unsure. If the gap to be filled is deep, fill it with foam strips that will provide a backing for the sealant formula.
- Cut off the tip of the cartridge, being careful not to damage the screw thread. The nozzle should be cut at a 45° angle, with the opening slightly larger than the gap that is to be sealed. Insert the cartridge into a standard sealant gun.
- Apply the formula evenly, using firm and consistent pressure on the gun's trigger.
- With a slightly-wetted spatula, smooth down the sealant. This must be done within 20 minutes of application.
- Any excess product should then be removed using a damp cloth. Do not saturate the surface as this will result in a delayed curing process.
- Allow to dry, ensuring that ventilation is adequate. Ventilation should be increased in cold, damp conditions. Protect from water for at least 24 hours, when a tough skin has developed. Never subject the treated area to pressurised water.
- Wash tools in clean water.
- Dispose of used containers appropriately, abiding by local regulations.
Bath Mate Silicone is just one of the many products from Bond-It now available from BS Fixings. To discover the full collection, please browse our website and check out this week's BS Fixings news article.
Latest from BS Fixings
We’re all aware of the difficulties that the previous couple of years have thrown our way. We were kept from our families, forced to down tools or work from home...Continue reading
You didn’t think we’d stop there with the sales, did you? Here we are, hot on the heels of our Black Friday event, launching our Cyber Monday Spectacular. This mini-sale...Continue reading
We know everyone likes a bargain; we love one ourselves - especially just before Christmas! Well, we think it’s time to let you lot know what we've been working on...Continue reading
The BS Fixings Test - How we guarantee the highest quality
We’re known for offering high-quality products and exemplary service. That’s not us being big-headed by the way, it’s what matters the most to us, so we make extra sure we’re...Continue reading
The 12 Days of Christmas at BS Fixings
Right. If you weren't feeling Christmassy already, you better be feeling it now. Our latest promotion will make sure of it. We've barely got Black Friday and Cyber Monday out...Continue reading
From Chicken Feed to Hot Tubs - The different uses for our products
In recent months, we've picked up on some novel uses for our products. Some of our customers use our products for their intended purpose, or the purpose we are aware...Continue reading