Insulation Pin adhesive
Insulation Pin adhesive
HB 40 Adhesive for use with metal insulation pins.
HB-40 is a one part, solvent free hybrid sealant and adhesive. It has been designed for bonding and sealing most common substrates. HB-40 finds many uses in the building industry, vehicle building and repair, marine, caravan and motor home building and repair, etc.
- Very high initial grab, with no slip and good gap filling properties.
- High green and final bonding strength
- Interior and exterior use, and can even be applied to wet surfaces
- Totally Waterproof & Weatherproof
- Quick Curing.
- Overpaintable (test with required paint prior to use)
- Powerful fungicide prevents mould growth
- Safe in use - Free from solvents, acids, and isocyanates.
- Good temperature resistance from -40Â°C to +100Â°C
- Excellent primerless adhesion to most surfaces, including metals, most plastics, glass, concrete, plaster, plasterboard, polyester, Perspex, glass, wood, enamel, painted surfaces etc.
Areas of Use
- As a quality nail replacement adhesive in construction, even to cold damp surfaces.
- Pointing around doors and windows, particularly commercial vehicles, caravans and boats.
- Bonding mirrors to most common substrates.
- Automotive gap filling and sealing.
- Sealing low movement vertical expansion joints.
- Bonding and jointing of PVC and GRP cladding panels. Use PP Primer for use with Polypropylene.
- Bonding difficult materials such as specialised polymer systems, metals and fibreglass
- Any application requiring high performance, durable sealing and bonding.
- Do not seal mirror edges/plastic sheeting until adhesive has cured.
- In areas of high UV; some darkening/discolouration may occur. This does not affect the performance of the sealant
- Do not use on surfaces that bleed oils or plasticizers
- Not for use as part of a structural glazing system.
- Not for use in aquarium manufacture.
- Not for use in conjunction with bitumen, or asphalt.
All surfaces must be clean and dust free. Surfaces may be damp but should have no standing water.
When using HB-40 as an adhesive, surfaces must be sound, clean, dry and free from dust, grease, loose material etc. Prime dusty surfaces with a PVA Bonding Agent (Not joinery grades) diluted 1:4 with water and allow to dry. For bonding heavy items such as plasterboard, worktops, etc. apply adhesive all the way around the edge of the item (50mm from edge) and cover back with beads of adhesive at 300 mm intervals. Alternatively, apply adhesive direct to battens and press into place. NOTE. With heavy items, always provide temporary support until the adhesive cures.
For bonding lightweight items such as covings, dado rails, skirting etc. apply adhesive to back of item in one or two continuous beads and press immediately into place. Clean up excess adhesive immediately with a cloth/white spirit.
HB-40 - Technical Data - Page 2
When bonding mirrors, apply 6mm diameter beads of sealant direct to back of mirror in vertical strips, spaced at 30-40mm centres. Immediately place mirror in position and secure with good, even pressure with a slight twist action. Provide temporary support until adhesive has dried (24-48 hours). If required, HB-40 may also be used to seal around mirror 24 hours after fixing (to allow for cure)
When using HB-40 as a sealant, apply directly to the joint and tool immediately to ensure a smooth finish. Test any paints to be used over HB-40 thoroughly prior to putting HB-40 into any manufacturing process.
Uncured material can be removed by wiping with a dampened cloth with white spirit. Cured material can be carefully removed by mechanical means. Full cure must be allowed before over painting.
If you would like more information please do not hesitate to get in touch with our specialist team today!
Health and safetly data sheet available on request
No resources currently available
We offer free delivery for all orders over £50 (ex VAT). (UK Mainland Only).
Is offered to UK mainland customers. You will receive an email where you can confirm the delivery price if you are happy with it. Different package weights will have different prices.
We deliver all across the globe using a highly trustworthy courier. At the checkout stage, select the country that you would like the goods to be delivered.Then you will receive an email where you can confirm the delivery price if you are happy with it. Different countries will have different lead times and prices.
Below is the standard tariff for guidance purposes. Actual costs will be confirmed at point of sale and any variances you will be notified within 24 working hours of receipt of order.
The deliveries below are for mainland UK, for Highlands, Channel and offshore islands an extra charge per consignment will be applied as below, we can also arrange Saturday delivery at extra cost.
Next day delivery for orders under £50 (ex VAT) – £5